Migraine Awareness Month #28: “Lights, Camera, Action.” Pick a movie character you can identify with, talk a bit about them and why you identify with them.
“Quite an experience to live in fear, isn’t it?
That’s what it is to be a slave.”
replicant, roy batty’s problem is partly lack of lifespan, but he is also criminalized by the construction of his DNA. he is trapped. he suffers. he is an amazing being, but he is flawed beyond the ordinary meaning of the word. this leads him to do ‘questionable things’. but nothing helps. he is a prisoner of circumstances beyond his control.
“National Migraine Awareness Month is initiated by the National Headache Foundation. The Blogger’s Challenge is initiated by www.FightingHeadacheDisorders.com.”
now! on to cheerier things!
i am currently the recipient of two AWARDS.
this one is the LET THEM EAT CAKE award from cat’s litter box
she flatters me thusly;
“Elaine has given me so much to think about over the years in one forum or another. I am enriched daily by her insights. She also has a particularly stunning dog.”
so, naturally, i accept with my usual graciousness.
AND i have been given ANOTHER ONE. the bipolar place has offered me a VERSATILE BLOGGER award!
so, thanks to him, for that, as well!
this one comes with conditions
Award acceptance: Tell you seven things about myself and nominate as many or little bloggers you wish.
Seven Things About Me:
1. i like getting awards well enough, but it became clear to me that it was a tricky business to give them, since not everyone wants to get involved in the pyramid element of it all. i have solved this problem through the simple expedient of making my own awards, which have no strings and awarding them as the mood takes me. as has cat, with her rather repulsive litter box. (but very kind sentiments).
2. i have become a words with friends fanatic. i’ve even neglected twitter in order to play all the words with friends. I AM AN ADDICT. i wonder if there is a words with friends anonymous yet?
3. i have done two things today and am now exhausted. i have taken to my quilts and will have a bit of a lie down after this.
4. i will listen to rivers of london on audiobook during said lie down. it’s part of a trilogy by Ben Aaronovitch. when i started it i thought what a lot of tosh since it combines police procedural with magic, and although i like super powers i am wary of MAGIC. but then i started to get into it and now i am hooked.
5. i realize that i have had a bit of a history of having quite negative role models. from tess of the d’urbervilles and jane eyre to sylvia plath i seem to have tended toward the tragic heroine in my teens. roy batty is a change of gender but is no less tragic.
not all of my teenage role models were tragic, though. i read jessica mitford avidly and loved patti smith.
6. i will be sorry to see the end of migraine month, it’s been awesome.
7. but i will be starting at the daily waffle which is soooo exciting!
so, no nominations, as such. i dare say i will make more awards as i go along, but if you feel you would like one of the sneakyfucker awards then shoot me a line.