1. yesterday i sent ten out today with a shoelace from my trainers tied around his wrist. i told him it’s like a friendship bracelet but with more nagging involved. clearly it didn’t work. let me crowdsource – how should i get ten to prioritize my shoelaces in his life?
2. tuesday i uploaded a guided meditation i made on monday. i did it in my neighbour stephen’s recording booth – a cupboard in his hall that he has decked out in soundproofing. unfortunately he did this before a family with a toddler moved in… however, he cleaned off the sound of bumpy running overhead and here it is; http://soundcloud.com/elaine4queen/elaine-guidedmeditation-01 it’s a sliver over 20 mins and is a body scan meditation. if you follow me elsewhere i dare say you are sick of hearing about it, but i promise this will be an end to me banging on about it. i made it for a friend, but having done it i thought i would share it around. it’s not perfect, but i get into my stride.
now, i’ve had a little bit of feedback on this, and i have to tell you people across the pond I AM NOT POSH! i intend to prove this through the medium of audioboos in the near future. hold your seat.
3. someone on fb is late to the party that is poppet, so i looked out a couple of old blog links about her. this is her debut on the livejournal group dogsintraining for anyone who would like her backstory. and if you would like to see a clutch of photos like this;
i have unlocked an antique livejournal post featuring a clutch of such snaps. (i ported lj over here when i set it up, but then went through it deleting pretty much everything, and this one got lost and didn’t make the cut. i locked down my lj after that because i didn’t want to delete the whole account but it’s not exactly readerly. you’re welcome.)
4. yesterday my good friend terri from new york city came to stay on her way to a conference in manchester. we had a mahoosive mega debrief conversation with many meanderings last night and took it up again this morning. she is currently having a little nappy nap in the bedroom with poppet while i pretend to tidy up while really i am arsing around on the interweb. suddenly a wordpress post i have had idling on my desktop for two days is now urgent when there are TASKS to be done. funny how that works.
5. television. all i can say about justified is that I NEVER WANT IT TO END. also, i now have a very particular idea of what life is like in texas and i don’t want any of you telling me different.
6. also, while we are looking at yootoob, it has come to my attention that not everyone has heard this song;
it was a staple of my yoof, and has come into my mind lately. what with ALL THE POLITICS going on just now. plus, it’s good.
7. you might be feeling a little flabby in your mind. so here’s something you can have a think about. terri’s friend, academic, marta rabikowska, said this one time;
“love is structured like a paranoia.”
i became obsessed with it, it was like a thought virus, or the thinking version of an earworm. a mindworm if you will.
answers in the comments or by tweetogram.
8. another marta catch phrase is “dahlink, but we know about this”. which is all about when she is comforting you for your upsets and paranoias and when you gulp out the old standards she says dahlink. but we know about this. and then IT IS ALL ALRIGHT. because WE KNOW ABOUT THIS.
9. so how are you liking the ten pointed post? is it something that gives you jazz hands or is it just so much so much?
10. well, if it is, then not to worry, because this is the last one. thank you for bearing with, and i will be along shortly with some more tosh.